Chore Chart

this summer i made a chore chart for my kids. that way they would know exactly what they needed to do each day. it became a great routine that they stuck to all summer. we hung it on the refrigerator so we could all see what they needed to do and what they had accomplished. i bought the pockets at the dollar store. there was a pocket for the things they needed to do, one for what they had finished, and one for their big weekly chore. i printed words or pictures telling them what their job was. then i punched it in a circle shape and glued it to a popsicle stick. each child had about ten chores per day according to their ability and then two big jobs they were in charge of all week. the weekly chores were rotated each monday.









1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I have stolen it to use with my own. I adapted it a bit for my house-- Each child has a morning, afternoon, and evening pocket to finish, and an All Done pocket next to that.

    Something I found that I like even better than the popscicle sticks is those plastic T-shaped plant markers. A bit sturdier for my destructive children. ;)

    Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete