a WILD party

our little guy turned one. the perfect opportunity to go all out and finish the projects that I have been planning the guests were given safari passport invites. i printed safari stamps found on google images and then cut them out into file folder shapes. all of the edges were rubbed with brown ink to give it a rustic look

for some reason I love hanging things from the ceiling. it's kind of like a blank canvas. I made the vines by twisting brown kraft paper (like brown paper grocery bags) and the leaves were cut from green construction paper.

our monkey's birth stats.
pictures of him throughout his first year clipped onto clear thread hanging on eyelet screwsthe jungle grubthe kids decorated binoculars (two t.p. tubes glued together and tied with yarn). and then went on a safari to find little animals around the yard




the birthday boy in his new digs (onesie dyed in Rit dye, monkey appliqued from fabric and iron-on adhesive, and name and number painted with Tulip fabric paint and freezer paper stencil)it was definitely the best party so-fari!!!

1 comment:

  1. You Hall girls are amazing! Your mom and I walk together occasionally, Becky, too. I love hearing about all the things you do. I love your blog and all the creative ideas. I can't wait for more recipies and ideas.

    Tina Linford

    ReplyDelete