Tis the Season

Last year at this time I was ready for Christmas and my house was completely decorated. I think it was done before Thanksgiving. This year I wanted to stretch out Thanksgiving as long as possible. I am feeling a little pressure to finish things now but if I have it done by the end of the week, I will be happy. We will see...

It is always fun to bring in all of those red and green boxes from the garage. The kids can't wait to get out the Christmas toys reserved just for this time of year. Some they remember and some they have forgotten about. Sometimes I am even a little surprised at what is inside the boxes. I may have bought some things after the season ended. Plus there are those projects I never got around to completing the year before.

We always start with the trees. We have two now. One for the front room. And one for the family room where we unwrap our presents on Christmas morning. This one is my favorite. I have been collecting things for this tree for several years. When decorating a tree it is a good idea to choose a theme or color scheme. My front room tree is green and gold. The year that I bought that tree those colors were really catching my eye. The family room tree is red and white. It is really fun and bright and the ornaments the kids have made through the years work perfectly on this tree. I have always wanted a pink tree! Everything pink! Someday... Pick something that you will love and that makes you happy!
I added the ribbon on the tree two years ago. In my opinion it change the whole tree. Trees at stores are always loaded with ornaments but that would take alot of time and money to cover your tree with ornaments. The ribbon takes up alot of space and helps to give it more color. Think of all the options there are out there for ribbon! My ribbon is 4 inches wide and is wired which makes it very easy to work with. I don't remember how many feet of ribbon I used but I think that it took two big bolts. For the big bow on the top I stacked the ribbon on top and tied the center with wire and then fanned out the loops. I love putting sprays of beads or flowers or anything on the top of the tree. The tree skirt was made several years ago and I still love it. It is made out of a snow colored fleece. Measure how big you wan the skirt and make a pattern. We had a big roll of butcher paper to make the pattern. But if you don't have a big piece of paper make a half circle or even a quarter and double or quadruple it. My edges are scalloped. Make sure to leave a slit through the skirt so you can easily wrap it around the bottom of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment