It's Simple

I love November. I love the cool weather, the new smells, the warm colors, and the simplicity of the season. Even Thanksgiving Day itself is a simple day (unless you are hosting this year's feast!). For Halloween, my decor is over-the-top and pretty much all over the place. It is nice to look around our newly bare home.


Every time I look at my kitchen table I smile and breathe a little sigh of relief. Relief that I still have a few more weeks before the crazy, but fun, month of December rolls around. My table holds the real fallen leaves from our trip to Sedona a couple of weeks ago. The kids love to see their leaf collections as part of our tablescape. I was inspired by the Pottery Barn magazine to slip some photos of the kids playing in the leaves into one of the jars. I love how pomegranites can be used for Fall and Winter decor items. I wrapped a branch with gold berries around the smaller jar. It's simple, just as it should be!

2 comments:

  1. Hello. My name is Jaymi and I am Kristin Lowell/Wilhelms cousin. She showed me your awesome blog. I am in charge of the crafts for your ward and want to make this (in joy) for our craft. I hope you dont mind and...any idea how much it costs? I am hoping to get to the store but I am hoping you might have an idea. Thanks so much for great ideas!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaymi- When we made the Joy signs for our Enrichment night I think we paid $15, but it might have been $12. It all depends where you get the letters from and if you get a deal. Ours were ordered from Hobby Lobby. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete