Happy Halloween


This year we all did some handmade costumes. It made it even that more fun! Hudson was set on Spiderman with "big muscles" since about July so that one I bought. The other three I made! Lily's Dorothy dress was actually the first pattern I have ever followed. It was a little tricky so I am glad I had back up from a pro (thanks Mom!). We will see if I am brave enough to make the girls' Christmas dresses as I am planning. I added a cute blue tulle slip underneath to make it fluffy. It may be hard to see in the picture. Lucy's first choice this year was a Power Ranger. Usually I let my kids be whatever they want since they plan for it all year long. We compromised with a pirate (I got to choose the costume, she got a shiny new sword and hook.) I think it was a good deal. My favorite part of her costume was the corset. It is a ribbon with pirate print sewed onto a black strip of fabric. The loops to loop the ribbon through was some heavy thread. Graham's costume was made from Lucy's extra fabric. I traced some of his pants and added a little extra all the way around. They fit him perfectly. I will definitely make his some more. For his shirt I cut a pirate shape out of fabric that I ironed on to Heat and Bond. Then I stitched around it. It felt good when the costumes were all finished! It takes extra time but it was definitely worth when I saw how cute they looked!

1 comment:

  1. cute! i made my kids pirate costumes this year too and i thought they were so cheap and easy.

    (not sure how i found your blog ...this is my first time commenting :))

    ReplyDelete