Our Gratitude Tree

For FHE we read The Gratitude List. It's about a little girl who makes a list of all the small things that she is thankful for. By making this list she realizes just how blessed she is. We turned our fun Halloween tree into our Gratitude Tree. Each night we write and draw a picture on a small card that says "I am thankful for". The kids look forward to it and help remind me to do it before we go to bed. They are very thoughtful about what they will write about each night and even plan throughout the day. It is a fun thing that hopefully will become a new tradition for our family. Come Thanksgiving our Gratitude Tree will be overflowing with all of our small blessings. I am planning to make a small book to look through even after the season is over.

Some of the things we are thankful for: Lily, the thoughtful one, is thankful for her eyes so she can read and our home. Lucy is thankful for playing outside. Who isn't this time of year? We are all happier now that most of our days are spent exploring the backyard. Hudson is thankful for tree branches (I think he drew the picture first and decided it looked like tree branches) and Batman. The other night I drew a picture of a bed and wrote that I was thankful for bedtime. The kids just could not believe it. I don't think they realized it was their bedtime I was thankful for that night!

1 comment:

  1. I featured this project on my blog today as part of my "Thankful Trees" post!

    Here's the link:
    http://moomootutu.blogspot.com/2010/11/wednesday-wow-finds-thankful-trees.html

    Thanks for the inspiration & have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete